AHONA

by - January 15, 2017


2016 has really been a year that has opened a lot of new avenues and helped me reach new and previously unexplored heights. One of the biggest was finally doing a film course - something that I always wanted to do even back in Kolkata but never really got the time. Movies have always attracted me in a way that I wanted to get involved. The core of the want was also to actually gain some knowledge of what happens behind the camera, specially the art of direction.


AHONA is the first film that I have independently directed (outside film school) and is also the first ever Bengali film to be shot in New Zealand. Real life incidents and the emotions attached always fascinate me and this film deals with a subject that has a very real soul to it - an incident that shook Kolkata when it happened. I have based the story on that incident and how it creates a deep scar in an expectant mothers ideologies.



Since before I can remember, I had a fascination for music and my professional life is fully involved with music. It is but very expected that music and songs will always play a pivotal role in my own projects and would be included when it can contribute to be a part of the film - never just for the sake of it. I featured the very popular Rabindra Sangeet 'Sokhi Bhabona Kahare Bole' which has been fully produced in Kolkata, beautifully sung by Basuparna Chowdhury and arranged by Sudipto Johnny Sarkar. The song has received a good response from all quarters and is also available for purchase through iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, Spotify and other mediums.


The film has been produced under my banner Motif Films and all the projects made under this banner would be dealing with human emotions and be made in Bengali language. 

You May Also Like

0 comments