RIP Rajesh Maharaj

by - October 13, 2018

There is a story behind every success. 2011 is the year I came to New Zealand - an alien country where I did not know a single person. Came to this country as a student and noticed a job opening for radio announcer and producer at an upcoming radio station. It was 9:30pm, I called the number and met the person the next day - it was a person who launched all the Indian radio stations in Auckland, Rajesh Maharaj


It is impossible to define how much Rajeshji was close to me over the years. Not only a station manager but a guide, teacher, co-announcer and a friend. I was lucky enough to spend the most time with him working for the radio station. I also was his co-announcer in his last ever radio show. I left Humm FM after Rajeshji left the station. Since then I have been on constant contact with him. Even today we spoke and hours later came the shocking news of him passing away.


I will miss you beyond words Rajeshji. Ending this post with a picture I had taken of you.

Rest In Peace Rajesh Maharaj


You May Also Like

0 comments